Thursday, December 15, 2005

There are dozens of monkey-related jokes I could use here, but they're all pretty stupid, and frankly, I'd hate myself more than normal. So just read the thing.

Clickety-click, folks.

[Update: Before the film, I saw the teaser for Miami Vice, starring Jamie Foxx and Colin Farrell. I'm still searching for superlatives in a futile attempt to describe the mix of fear, horror, curiousity, regret, and depression that moved through me like a wave of nausea, so while I try and pin down my feelings, feel free to take a gander at the tease, for now only available at the Bacardi site. It's worth navigating the sad, somehow lonely website ("The Bacardi girls are loaded!" Congrats, Bacardi P.R., you've mastered the single entendre.) in order to see this. Trust me.]

[2nd Update: King Kong just came out, and I'm already sick of everyone claiming that the movie will make "Titanic money." I pretty much hate Titanic, but it's the undisputed box office champ; it's domestic take stands at a little more than $600 million, and it's international box office came to rest at an unholy $1.23 billion. Yes, that's right; billion. The Return of the King, the final film in Jackson's The Lord of the Rings trilogy, is the #2 worldwide total champ, and it's still a solid $700 million behind James Cameron's godawful romance.

Is it possible for the record to be broken? Sure. But it's way, way, way, way too early to make any claims that King Kong will be the one to do so.]

2 Comments:

Carlson,
You have earned a new spot in my heart. You have gone from sarcastically funny cynic to acomplished writer and critic. Hope Cali is treating you well, and that you have a festive Christmas season.

By Blogger Patrick, at 9:47 AM, December 15, 2005  

True, but most conversations don't take into account any changes in inflation, or the fact that James Cameron must have sold his soul to Satan to get Titanic to make so much money.

By Blogger Dan Carlson, at 11:40 PM, December 15, 2005  

Post a Comment