Thursday, February 10, 2005

Oh, Korea. I Thought You Said "Iraq." No? My Mistake.

Hey, I found the WMDs. I thought I'd already looked everywhere, but apparently I missed a few places. That's always the way, I guess; things are always in the last place you'd expect.

Here they are.

At least Iraq's elections will provide some stability to the region. After all, as the New York Times reported in 1967, U.S. officials were encouraged when South Vietnam held presidential elections, and the trouble surely couldn't have gone on much past 1967, right?

[Here's a link to the Times page, or you can read the article here in its entirety.]

6 Comments:

This is why I think that we should just blanket bomb a lot of countries and set up resort areas. I want to vote for a president that will at least promise me that.

I bet after the nuclear fallout Korea could become like a cheap Hawaii, although I don't know what we would do with the middle east. Hunting safaris?

By Blogger Master Baron Von Tuckenstein the First Esquire, at 6:14 PM, February 10, 2005  

We may have just discovered how to unite liberals and conservatives. How about it Daniel? Will you represent the conservative side?

We know ya'll don't like the pesky foreigners :o)

By Blogger Master Baron Von Tuckenstein the First Esquire, at 11:28 AM, February 11, 2005  

It's "y'all." Contraction of "you all."

By Blogger Dan Carlson, at 12:03 PM, February 11, 2005  

I think I might be detecting a little sarcasm here.

By Blogger Azathoth100, at 1:53 PM, February 11, 2005  

No sarcasm about "y'all" versus "ya'll." The latter just doesn't exist. I don't kid about grammar.

As for Korea having nuclear weapons all along while we fought a desert war against guys who fought back with guns we sold them a few years back: I plead guilty to all charges of sarcasm.

By Blogger Dan Carlson, at 2:44 PM, February 11, 2005  

No I was right. I don't know anyone who says "you."

How ya doin?
we know ya all don't like pesky forners.
do ya know how to spell forners?

I can think up more examples if ya'll want.

By Blogger Master Baron Von Tuckenstein the First Esquire, at 8:44 AM, February 14, 2005  

Post a Comment