Saturday, April 09, 2005

Notes From My Company Meeting, 4.7.05

I don't need to be here.

They put out snacks beforehand, as if stale Entemann's and coffee are enough to keep us in line. But they are.

Some guy, call him Kevin, gets up to talk about accounting or something, and for some reason I feel like I've seen him before. Weird.

There are at least twice as many women here as men, and every time I realize this I think again: In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns.

The company's president is named Blaise. The only other Blaise I've ever known was Pascal, and I didn't really know him since I'm not French or 400 years old.

Blaise shaves his head. This makes him look like Lex Luthor.

Meetings are indispensable when you want to waste time, until you realize that you'd do that at your desk anyway, and at your desk you've got the Internet and a better chair.

I really don't need to be here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment