Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Notes I Took At My Department Meeting, 4.19.05

Kim describes the fabric of our new cubicle walls. She says the color palette includes willow and tusk, which I think means green and white. I'd look it up if I actually cared.

This is indicative of how the company works: rather than raise our pay, we get to have dull green walls instead of dull gray ones. Awesome.

Joyce asks about the content of the vending machines at our new building, to which Kim responds that they'll probably include the usual suspects, at which point Joyce laughs her senile head off. It's not a particularly funny statement, and cliched, but Joyce still found it hysterical. This is what Joyce looks like, for those who don't know.

Tony rocks the Mexican pompadour and mustache. Man, I wish I could do that.

The Fun Committee members are mentioned, including me, who Kim refers to as "Mr. Fun himself." This is kind of confusing, since I haven't exactly hidden my disdain for the retarded things we are forced to do by the Fun Committee. My ideas are all shot down.

Possible nicknames for Scott, who is uber-Mormon: the Mormonster, the Mormongrel, the Mormonger, the pansy blonde.

We enter into a play-by-play of the April Fool's day shenanigans had here at the office, and I contemplate praying for another mudslide or boulder spill or something to make it end.

A guy from I.T. comes to talk about a systems update, which Joyce frantically tries to follow. She survived the Dust Bowl, so these strange electronic typing machines we use often give her grief.

A haiku about my boss, Jennifer:
had i the courage
i would ask you about your
crazy lazy eye

We get to take a field trip to a printing press in a few weeks, where a few local newspapers are printed. For me this is like being mauled by a lion and then window-shopping for BandAids. So close, but so not.

We eat muffins to "celebrate" the people who have birthdays in April. Kim engages in a discussion about which sign we're currently in, which one we're entering into, etc. The whole topic seems about 30 years stale.

6 Comments:

On account of that post I am going to put your job satisfaction at a 6... yeah... but because we let you on the fun commitee, Mr. Fun... I am going to bump it up to a 7...

That puts you above the company average... so I am going to need you to start working on Saturdays...

Man I miss college.

By Blogger Master Baron Von Tuckenstein the First Esquire, at 12:43 PM, April 19, 2005  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

By Blogger Kyle, at 9:36 PM, April 19, 2005  

Dan, I almost forgot, but don't think I did, because I didn't, that you have my black belt. I really need that black belt back, and I don't want you to misconstrew me not asking for it back in Plano as my giving it to you. As I am mailing Ryan's back to him I am going to need to send you my address via email or phone so that you can return my belt. I really like that belt. It is a cool belt and goes with my Dave shirt really well. Thanks. Expect some sort of correspondence regarding the belt.

By Blogger Kyle, at 9:48 PM, April 19, 2005  

Yeah, I realized on the plane ride back that I had forgotten to give you your belt back. Sorry about that, man.

Please mail the Dave shirt to:
555 Laurie Lane, Apt. O2 (that's the letter O)
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360

I'll get the black belt in the mail once I feel the cottony goodness of my long-lost Dave shirt caress my pale torso.

Even I Didn't Know I Could Be This Big A D**k,

Dan

By Blogger Dan Carlson, at 10:35 PM, April 19, 2005  

hey Kinish--once again you have me laughing out loud at my desk again...thanks dan...

Mike McD

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:35 AM, April 20, 2005  

CUUUURRRSEESS!

By Blogger Kyle, at 1:13 PM, April 20, 2005  

Post a Comment