Thursday, March 03, 2005

This Was Entirely Uncalled For, And Quite Surprising, And Also Kind Of Disturbing

I took the following quiz, from a link through the Sojourners e-mail, to determine what country I am. I figured I'd wind up with the U.S., or maybe somewhere in Europe, what with my affection for indoor plumbing and germ-free meals. But the result came back that I am Texas, leaving me thinking:

1. Do the authors of the Web site consider Texas to be its own country?
2. Are any other states given such ranking?
3. How long until I lose my job?

I had no particular desire to wind up with any specific state in the U.S. I figured my dislike for soccer and respect for clean laundry would land me in some English-speaking place. But this was rather bizarre. (And to top it off, I seem to be classified as quite an a**hole, although I can't tell if this is because the site is predisposed to dislike me or Texas.)




You're Texas!

You aren't really much of your own person, but everyone around
you wishes you'd go away, so you might as well be independent.  You're sort of loud-mouthed and abrasive, but you do have a fair amount of power.  You like big trucks, big cattle, and big oil rigs.  And sometimes you really smell.  But it's not all bad, you're big enough to have some soft spots somewhere in all that redneck madness.

Take the Country Quiz at the Blue Pyramid



So then I took the quiz again, and wound up in Colombia, which is worse than Texas because in Texas people are crazy and shoot animals for no reason and in Colombia people shoot other Colombians.



You're Colombia!

You do a lot of drugs, and these have kind of distorted your view of reality, to the point that everyone looks like an enemy.  You keep trying to restore order over your schizophrenic world view, but you don't even know which goal is your own and which is someone else's.  You're pretty sure someone needs to be punished for all this, but who that is changes all the time.  Things would be a lot better for you if you switched to coffee, or even to decaf, but all this money would be hard to give up.

Take the Country Quiz at the Blue Pyramid



I don't even like coffee.

So I'm either an oil-loving moron or a drug-addled mental patient. There doesn't seem to be much wiggle room. Thanks, Internet.

1 Comments:

1. As soon as the result came that I was Texas, I thought of you.

2. Sexual promiscuity? I thought you broke your leg. Although I guess that's the whole "rising above adversity" thing.

3. Thailand does not sound appealing.

By Blogger Dan Carlson, at 2:31 PM, March 03, 2005  

Post a Comment