Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Stupid Things I Said To The Screener While Passing Through Airport Security

Do you have any cough drops? The heroin balloon I swallowed is making my throat itch.

I can speak Farsi.

If I died today, I'd have no regrets.

I probably don't look like the profile, do I?

I've got a weird hair-dryer with a scope in my backpack. Don't let the X-ray spook you.

I can conceal a switchblade in my sandals.

I've been assigned the codename "Death Sword."

Do you think you could catch me if I ran? I'm spry for a big guy.


Things I Saw Over The Weekend

Immigrants stumbling toward the highway before collapsing on the shoulder (2)

Joints (2)

Breasts (3)

Trampled beer cans (10,000)

Hours of reality TV (3)

Wild, stray dogs (3)

Drunk guys named Lags (?) telling me that I seem pretty cool (1)

Hours of the glory that is Spanish TV (3)

Drunk guys playing frisbee on a balcony (1)

Fireworks merchants on the beach (1)

Drunk guys on the ground catching the frisbee (1)

A sign that said "Hay Queso" ("Here is cheese") (1)

8 Comments:

Man, sounded like your weekend rocked! Now, did you see three breasts or three pairs of breasts? Because that is an important difference.

By Blogger Kyle, at 3:56 PM, May 17, 2005  

I have to concur with Lags. You do seem pretty cool, especially when I'm drunk.

By Blogger Cody, at 7:17 AM, May 18, 2005  

Kyle: I've been advised by counsel to invoke my Fifth Amendment rights in regards to the subject of your question both at this time and at any future junction at which the subject might be broached.

Cody: I know.

By Blogger Dan Carlson, at 8:25 AM, May 18, 2005  

Hi, Dan! Thanks for posting on my blog the other day. Of course I remember you. I put together your entire freaking bookshelf your freshman year when you moved into the dorm. Remember? And was one of the girls laying on your bed (at Clay Utley's request) when you first came into your room...It's the ACU difference, really. Older girls pretending to seduce younger guys. A good way to get you ready for the next four years of weird Christian sexual repression playing out in bizarre ways...

By Blogger jocelyn, at 12:33 PM, May 18, 2005  

Things I actually said to my sister (she was wearing metal framed cast and got to bypass the metal detector) in the presence of airport security:

"quick take out the knife"

I was crazy when I was 12.

By Blogger Master Baron Von Tuckenstein the First Esquire, at 12:06 AM, May 19, 2005  

Jocelyn: Yeah, thanks for putting that shelf together. My roommate and I were awed by your presence and your skill at handicrafts. We could have used a heads-up on the sexual repression, though. I'm not blaming you; I'm just saying, a warning would've been nice. Tell your ninja husband to email me. We should palaver.

Tucker: If it makes you feel better, I still think you're crazy. *Single, lonely tear.* Have fun playing soccer and mugging down with Cameron.

By Blogger Dan Carlson, at 11:06 AM, May 19, 2005  

See earlier comment regarding my Fifth Amendment rights.

By Blogger Dan Carlson, at 12:29 PM, May 23, 2005  

Just thought I'd let you know that "Hay Queso" means "There is Cheese," Not "Here is Cheese." Yes, I have nothing better to do than ready your blogs from almost four months ago. What a life.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:31 PM, August 24, 2005  

Post a Comment