Wednesday, May 11, 2005

A Volume Of Summertime Haiku

[This is nothing new.]

summer has arrived
with it comes a certainty
my job runs my life

people always said
adulthood was exciting
those lying bastards

california warmth
cannot make its way inside
these coffin-like walls

i should call in sick
and go get a cajun cone
but the drive's too far

only two days off
between now and labor day
wow, does working suck

my birthday in june
coincides with a meeting
yay, an anti-gift

reading about bush
in pieces i'm proofreading
wow, that guy's a douche

joyce just hacked again
that woman's falling apart
she sure smokes a lot

i spend time each day
spacing out at the office
"work" is a facade

and so now begins
a long life of summer work
guaranteed to bore

5 Comments:

Oh, don't be so sad.
You've got a job and your health.
At least they're adults

By Blogger Kyle, at 10:41 PM, May 11, 2005  

In honor of Daniel Carlson my students are writing haiku later. There are only two more weeks until summer. Let's just pray I don't kill one of my students before then.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:29 AM, May 12, 2005  

i asked you to prom
you said you didn't know me
so i kidnapped you

By Blogger Dan Carlson, at 10:23 AM, May 12, 2005  

A first taste of my students' haikus:

She wears skirts a lot.
She yells whenever she wants
Her name is Ms. Eyer


The dumb light-saber
in over-rated movie
Star Wars; nerds unite


Plastic spork of life
Can scoop or stab my food
Paul M., get a life

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:29 AM, May 16, 2005  

you shouldn't feel bad
that they all write so poorly
they're high schoolers

By Blogger Dan Carlson, at 2:13 PM, May 17, 2005  

Post a Comment