Friday, July 01, 2005

A List Of Life Changes, Or Resolutions, To Be Carried Out This Summer In Order To Ensure Happiness, Or At Least A Lack Of Boredom, In My 24th Year

1. Grow muttonchops. Like, serious, hardcore, Allman Brothers ones.

2. Start slipping out of department meetings. When asked about my leaving, say it's because I have "to take a deuce."

3. Learn a few magic tricks.

4. Forget about #3 when I realize it makes me look kind of gay.

5. Apologize to any gay magicians I offended in #4.

6. In response to cleavage at the office, begin showing up to work with fly unzipped. Act coy and suprised when (inevitably) questioned.

7. Try to get Mormon boss to convert me.

8. Learn terms like "full-court press." Enjoy newfound acceptance among males in my social circle.

9. Kiss acceptance from #8 goodbye when I tell them I own The English Patient.

10. Come up with new ways to be sent to HR for refresher course in sexual harassment training. Molest fax machine?

11. Start speling things funeticly like evreewun els on the internet.

1 Comments:

My comment on #2. This has worked for me in many a facutly meeting, my friend. Theatre teacher's don't give two rats about standardized testing, and therefore the gurgles come a calling at very conveniant times. Make sure to drink some coffee and eat your bran. This way you're down for a good 20-30.

It's been my experience that Mormon's who aren't on thier mission trip don't care to convert anyone. I think the mindset is, "hey, I turn over like half my paycheck so that I don't have to mess with this crap." An "I paid my dues" mindset.

By Blogger Kyle, at 3:29 PM, July 02, 2005  

Post a Comment